- Lisa Kimmel / Crowell & Moring LLP
- Aaron R. Gott / Bona Law PC
- A. Douglas Melamed / Stanford Law School
- Michael Pepson / Cause of Action Institute
- Ian Simmons / O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Presented by the Unilateral Conduct Committee.
The appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit from the district court’s judgment in Federal Trade Commission v. Qualcomm Inc. attracted an unusual amount of amicus participation. A variety of amici advocated for affirmance, reversal, or consideration of issues of particular importance to them. This program will bring together counsel for amici on both sides of the appeal to discuss the issues raised by the case, the distinct perspectives of the amici on the matter, and practice points for effective amicus advocacy. The program will also address any new developments in the appeal.