- Kavita Pillai / Covington & Burling LLP
- Anita Banicevic / Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Christoph Barth / Linklaters LLP
- Steven Cernak / Bona Law PC
- Stacy Frazier / General Electric Co.
Presented by the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee.
Please join us for a discussion on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on companies’ plans to engage in acquisitions and collaborations. Topics include agency guidance, hot topics like foreign investment rules and state aid, and the usefulness of certain defenses like the failing or flailing firm defense. With the first few months of the pandemic’s effects in view, the panel of private practitioners and in-house counsel from the U.S., Canada, and Europe will tackle how to navigate acquisitions or minority investments and engage in competitor collaborations and joint advocacy, particularly in industries hard hit by the pandemic or which are on the front-lines of fighting it.