- Stefanie Budde / Hengeler Mueller (Dusseldorf, Germany)
- Daniel Bitton / Axim Veltrop & Harkrider LLP (San Francisco, CA)
- Jordan Ellison / Slaughter & May (Brussels, Belgium)
- Tsuyoshi Ikeda / Ikeda & Someya (Tokyo, Japan)
- Marieke Scholz / European Commission – Antitrust Case Support & Policy (Brussels, Belgium)
Presented by the International Committee.
European antitrust regulators appear to be involved in a dogfight for the award of most cutting-edge antitrust enforcer. Recently, Germany has been pushing ahead with far-reaching draft amendments to its national antitrust laws. Does Europe really need a revamp of the antitrust laws to address concerns around tech companies, online platforms and other digital business models? Is there hope for coherent rules around the globe or will the digital economy create a new divide between the antitrust communities in Europe, the U.S. and Asia? We will discuss recent enforcement and policy trends across Europe, with views from Europe, the US and Japan.